Separation and purification of organic acid using membrane technology.
Propionic acid is an important carboxylic acid, which is widely used in chemical, pharmaceutical, food and other industries. However, the increasing demanding and the specific requirement of propionic acid draws more attention to improve its recovery and productivity. Our interest is focused on utilizing the membrane technology to separate propionic acid from fermentation process and investigating the effect of membrane application for the recovery of propionic acid.
- Organic acid separation using membrane application
- Membrane filtration (Ultrafiltration/Nanofiltration/Reverse Osmosis)
- Membrane fouling mechanism and behavior
- Characterization of biofilm
- Working on BMBF Project "RECICL - Reactor Cascades For The Biotechnological Conversion Of Waste Into Platform Chemicals"