Anaerobic digestion of sludge: Focusing on the changes of humic substances
- Typ:Bachelor or Master Thesis or Study Project
- Datum:Immediately, by appointment
Humic substances include both humic acid and fulvic acids, however, their fate during anaerobic digestion of sludge is unclear. The key research question is about deciphering the characteristics of humic substances during anaerobic digestion of sludge.
• Literature review about the topic
• Set-up of AMPTS II system for anaerobic sludge digestion
• Batch tests in laboratory scale for anaerobic digestion of slugged
o Monitor the biogas production and test biogas volume and composition
o Analyze chemical oxygen demand, the concentrations of volatile fatty acids, proteins, and polysaccharides
o Set-up an extraction procedure of humic substances, and analyze the concentrations of humic substances
• Calibration of the relevant analytical tools
• Critical data evaluation and written elaboration and discussion of the results.
The scope of the assignment can be adapted to a Bachelor's or Master's Thesis or a Study Project as desired.